We provide a complete ATA Carnet preparation service to suit your requirements. Simply advise us when and where you are going, give us a list of the goods or equipment you are taking and for what period – & we will do the rest! We can also arrange the insurance guarantee for you and hand deliver your urgent Carnet to you on the same day. Our Chamber of Commerce is in-house so we offer the fastest service possible in the U.K.
What is an ATA Carnet and why would my business need one?
The ATA Carnet is an international Customs document which allows the temporary importation of commercial samples, professional equipment or goods going to either a trade fair or exhibition to countries which are part of the ATA Carnet system. (Please refer to the country list on this website.) Without an ATA Carnet it would be necessary to go through each country’s Customs procedures for the temporary admission of goods, i.e. lodging a temporary import bond.
The ATA Carnet simplifies the custom formalities by allowing a single document to be used for clearing goods through Customs in the countries that are part of the ATA Carnet system. An ATA Carnet is valid for one year and allows for movement of the goods shown on the Carnet as many times as required during the 12 months to any of the destinations applied for.
How do I apply for an ATA Carnet?
- Over the counter at our Head Office at London Heathrow
- Electronically- please contact our Sales Dept on + 44 1784 254123 to register
- By post -you will need to order blank forms to be completed. You can do this by contacting us on + 44 1784 254123 – and paying the issuing fee.
You will also have to provide:
- Banker’s draft or cash
- Bank Guarantee (Banks that we can currently accept guarantees from are: Bank of Scotland plc, Barclays Bank plc, HSBC Bank plc, Lloyds TSB Bank plc, Santander UK plc, Standard Chartered Bank, The Royal Bank of Scotland plc).
- Carnet Security Scheme (CSS) Guarantee – an in-house service by which the Carnet user can arrange for the security to be provided, without having to supply either Banker’s Draft, cash or Bank Guarantee. Using CSS means we can provide you with a ‘While You Wait’ processing service and there is no ‘freezing’ of assets or funds (as with other institutions). You can download a Carnet Security Scheme Application and obtain a CSS Quick Quote from the ‘Online Area’ section of our website
This Carnet covers goods temporarily imported/exported between the EC and Taiwan. Other than a different colour code and A4 format to distinguish it from the ATA Carnet, the conditions for its use, the goods for which it can be used, and EC Customs procedures are identical.