Welcome to the Blair Consular Services Ltd Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand everything you need to know about our data gathering and processing operations, and your legal rights.
We hope you’ll take some time to read this document; we’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible and we will keep you informed if there are any changes to the way we process your personal data in the future, before making the changes.
Blair Consular Services Ltd takes its responsibility to protect your data very seriously and we advise you get to know our practices – If you would like to discuss the contents of this Privacy Notice or have any questions regarding your rights, please feel free to contact us using any of the details below.
Who are we?
We are Blair Consular Services Ltd, a UK limited company registered in England, at Elizabeth House, 28 Woodthorpe Road, Ashford, Middlesex, TW15 2RH. Company registration number 1007177. In this document Blair Consular Services Ltd will sometimes be referred to as “we”.
What kind of personal data might we ask you to provide?
Blair Consular Services Ltd will only ever ask for personal data if it is required for a specific purpose; with that in mind we have created a full list of all the kinds of personal data that we may ask our clients to provide in order to achieve those purposes. We will not collect all of the data for all data subjects; we only collect what is necessary. The kinds of personal data we may collect in order to facilitate the delivery of our goods and services are:
|Data subject types:
|Name, residential address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, national insurance number, bank details, passport data, driver’s license, health information, pension ID number, insurance policy ID details, tax information
|Name, email address, telephone number, address details, IP Address, bank details, passport data, photograph, gender, medical information (blood type), tattoos, family details, religion
|Name, email address, telephone number, address details, bank details, VAT number, company registration number.
|Name, email address, telephone number, address details
|Name, email address, telephone number, address details, bank details
|Name, email address, telephone number, address details, bank details, VAT number
If you have provided your personal data to apply for a job at Blair Consular Services Ltd we may also ask you to provide information about your work and educational history.
Why do we collect personal data?
We will use personal data primarily to fulfil any contractual obligations that exist between Blair Consular Services Ltd and its clients; where we request personal data be provided to meet the terms of any such contract you will be required to provide the relevant personal data or we will not be able to deliver the goods and/or services you have requested. In such cases the lawful basis of us processing the personal data is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract.
We may also process your personal data in accordance with our legitimate business interests; this is on the considered measure that we need the personal data to achieve the various purposes and that it could be reasonable for an individual to expect their data to be used for those purposes.
Our data processing activities conducted on the lawful basis of ‘legitimate interests’ are:
- To provide you with goods and services you are looking for
- To inform you of other goods and services we provide, or offers that may interest you (direct marketing)
- To send notifications on subjects you have subscribed to, or otherwise asked us to keep you informed of
- To notify you of any changes to the goods and/or services we provide, or have provided, that may affect you
- To allow us to understand the scale and range of our customer base; for statistical analysis and market research
- To recognise when customers re-engage with our services
- To investigate any insurance claims
We may also process your personal data in order for Blair Consular Services Ltd to comply with our various legal obligations; this might include:
- Providing for financial commitments between Blair Consular Services Ltd and its clients, or to relevant financial authorities
- Cooperating with relevant authorities for reporting criminal activity, or to detect and prevent fraud
- To carry out required business operations and due diligence; e.g. administration, security, reorganisations, investment or corporate/asset sales
- To comply with industry regulatory requirements and any self-regulatory schemes
Where we process special categories of personal data, other than where we have your consent to do so, we shall be processing this data on one or more of the following lawful bases:
- It is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the controller or of the data subject in the field of employment, social security and social protection law
- It is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another Individual where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent
- It is carried out in the course of its legitimate activities with by a foundation, association or any other not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim and on condition that the processing relates solely to the members or to former members of the body or to persons who have regular contact with it in connection with its purposes and that the personal data are not disclosed outside that body without the consent of the data subjects
- Who will we share your information with?
We may share your personal data with the other members of our group of companies, which includes any subsidiary or the holding company (each as defined by the Companies Act 2006) of Blair Consular Services Ltd.
In order to achieve the above stated purposes for which we process your personal data, we may need to share your personal data with various third-party service providers who act as data processors.
We may share your personal data with third party organisations acting as data controllers or with specific individuals, groups or other organisations who act as neither data controllers nor data processors, but only where we are either legally required to do so by law or where doing so is necessary to achieve the intended stated purpose of processing the data
In the event that we sell or reorganise our business, or if otherwise required by law or by an authorised regulator, we may transfer your personal data as a part of the general business data to the relevant parties.
Where is my data going to be stored?
Blair Consular Services Ltd, as a part of its standard business practices, may be required to transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Union (EU), or to organisations who intend to transfer the data outside the EU. Where such transfers of data take place, we shall ensure that at least one of the following control measures are in place:
- The data transfer is necessary in order to fulfil a contract between the data controller and you, or to satisfy pre-contractual requirements that have been requested by you
- We have gathered your specific consent before the transfer takes place, after making you aware of any risks involved
- Contracts are in place between the parties involved that ensure the recipient organisation has a suitable standard of data protection in place
How long will we keep your data for?
We will keep your personal data only for as long as required in order to achieve the purposes for which it was gathered, in line with this privacy notice.
For determining when personal data should be erased we shall take into consideration the amount of and sensitivity of the personal data we have, the amount of harm that could be caused by a data breach, the benefits of the purposes the data is being used for and any legal requirements that we are bound to.
You may request that we erase your personal data at anytime, though in cases where there is a remaining relevant or legal reason why we are required to keep the data we may opt to restrict the amount of processing being conducted to what is absolutely necessary in line with your legal rights, in order to minimise the impact the processing will have.
Health and safety legislation places obligations on organisations to retain medical records for 40 years from the date of last entry:
Under the Control of lead at Work Regulations 1998
- As specified by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1999
- Under the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 1987/1998
- Where the lawful basis of our processing is based on protection of vital interests and insofar as the above obligations apply Blair Consular Services Ltd will retain your personal data for 40 years.
Your Rights, Our Responsibility
There are several rights granted to you immediately upon providing us with your personal information; some of these are mentioned above. We’d like you to know that at Blair Consular Services Ltd we take your rights as a Natural Person seriously and will always conduct ourselves in a way that is considerate of our responsibility to serve your legal rights.
You have the Right of Access
This grants you the right to confirm whether or not your personal data is being processed, and to be provided with relevant details of what those processing operations are and what personal data of yours is being processed.
If you would like access to the personal data we have about you, we ask that you contact us by using any of the details below.
The Right to Rectification
If you notice that the data we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request we rectify the mistake. We will make every effort to respond to requests of this type immediately.
The Right to Objection
If you wish to object to the way we use, or have used, your personal data you may do so freely.
The Right to Portability
This is a legal right afforded to you that states we must pass on all of the details you have provided to us in a machine readable format, either to your or to another provider of your choosing.
The Right to Complain
We will always try to maintain the highest standards and encourage the confidence our customers have in us as an organisation. In order that we can achieve this we do request that any complaints be first brought to our attention so we can properly investigate matters; if however you would like to complain about Blair Consular Services Ltd to a supervisory authority you may do so by contacting the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113, or anyone of the other reporting methods listed on their website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Our Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is:
Thorn Business Park
Rotherwas, Hereford, HR2 6JT
+44 (0) 330 2232246
Our contact details
If you wish to get in touch with Blair Consular Services Ltd please do so with any of the following contact details:
Blair Consular Services Ltd
28 Woodthorpe Road
+44 (0) 1784 254123