Our Services

Academic Certificates

Background Information On Academic Credentials For Use Abroad

Academic credentials are authenticated for different reasons, most commonly in order to obtain a visa in a third country. However, it has become common practice for a national’s country to require foreign degree certificates to be authenticated in the country where they studied, and to have it attested at the Embassy of their own country. In other cases certain government or private employers require academic credentials to be certified by the country where they studied. Certain countries have their own specific requirements, some of which can be very complicated, e.g Saudi Arabia, so it is important that you contact us in order to be conversant with the latest costs and procedures.

Online Degrees

The number university degrees issued online, has increased over recent years, but please be aware that not every Embassy recognizes them for authentication purposes. Please contact us for specific advice.

Procedures For Original Documents

  • Obtain an official copy of the certificate bearing the seal of the university from the registrar of the university, requesting that it is for foreign use and have it notarized by a Notary Public.
  • Take the document to the Secretary of the State and have it authenticated. If the country where the document will be used is party to the Hague Convention, the Secretary of State will attach an Apostille to the document and no further authentication is necessary. If the country is not party to the Hague Convention, the Secretary of State office will attach a state authentication certificate.
  • The document can then authenicated by the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C., and legalized by the relevant Embassy/Consulate.

Blair Consular can arrange these processes on your behalf.

To find out more, please get in touch…